- SV - Verein for Deutsche Schaferhunde e. V. (Ger.) - Club for German Shepherd Dogs Inc - the main (original) GSD club and breed registry, based in Germany.
- USA -United Schutzhund Clubs of America. USA is dedicated to protecting & preserving the German Shepherd Dog's working heritage through Schutzhund training.
- GSDCA - WDA - The German Shepherd Dog Club of America -Working Dog Association, Inc. The WDA provides enthusiasts a framework for activities in the United States patterned after those available to the worldwide GSD community.
- Orthopedic Foundation for Animals - an organization in the US that researches HD and other health problems and certifies hips and elbows for animals.
- American Kennel Club, a not-for-profit organization established in 1884 that maintains a purebred dog registry and sanctions dog events in the United States.
- A photo and publishing company with a focus on the German Shepherd Dog, publishing a year-book about the Sieger Show in Germany since 1994. The Urma Book gives information about every dog shown at the German SV Sieger Show. All dogs shown are presented by name, SZ-number, date of birth, 3 generation pedigree,
name of breeder and owner as well as the judge's critique. Most of the dogs are also presented with
photos. The progeny and kennel groups are also shown, as well as show results and the winners' genealogy.
- A useful site to support your veterinarian and you in the care of your companion animals by providing reliable, up-to-date animal health information from the veterinarians and experts of the Veterinary Information Network (VIN), the world's first and largest online veterinary database and community.
- Contains a huge Canine health index with abundant articles on various dog health issues.
- South Metro Atlanta Schutzhund Club
- An Italian site about German Shepherds.